Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year/Decade!

What a year and what a decade. This year I have been learning how good and faithful He always is. It is me that changes, and my wavering affections and emotions. God constantly and consistently loves me and shows me His glory and power. He constantly calls me to joyful obedience.
This decade I graduated elementary, middle, and high school and am now a junior in college. Dated boys, made lots of new friends, grew distant from some and close to others, played on multiple sports teams, broke both ankles, moved out of the house I grew up in, laughed far more then I cried, but the biggest and most important changed happened when I learned what it meant to follow Christ. Nothing about this decade has stayed the same. 10 years ago there were no blackberrys, no iphones, no facebook, no twitter. No wifi, no GPS systems. No tivo or blue ray. No red box or crashing economy. But I find great comfort today in knowing 10 years ago God loved and forgave me, today He loves and forgives me, and 10 years from now He will still love and forgive me.
Who knows what the next 10 years have in store? It seems much scarier then these last 10 years because I always knew what was ahead. After elementary came middle school, after middle came high school, and after high school came college. I always knew the step ahead of me and never really had to walk in blind faith.
Honestly, I have no idea what I'm going to do come 2011, but the Lord does. He knows exactly what I'm going to do and who I'm going to do it with. He knows every little detail about my future. I know I can make plans, plans that involve eventually getting married and starting a family but who knows what God has in store. Men plan but the Lord prevails.
He is never late. He never forgets. And He is never wrong. So I am called to trust Him. I'm both excited and nervous because part of me wants to stay. Stay where I know, and where I can clearly see whats next. Change is hard, but change is necessary and is a reminder that the only stability in an unknown and unpredictable world is a God who is crazy, madly, and deeply in love with me. Who has redeemed, rescued, and promised hope for the future.
Lord I pray that as I welcome in a new decade, I would find resolve in a love that is unchanging and unconditional. May I rest in Your grace and Sovereignty in my life like never before.

No comments:

Post a Comment