Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Therefore go...

Am I really graduating college in 2 weeks?! Definitely not ready to say goodbye to this phase of my life. I love Chapel Hill and every single thing about college and would do it all over again if I could. But what has made college so rich is the life-giving friendships I have formed and the community of believers here in at school. Every time I think about leaving this sweet haven and I get really, really sad, I think about what Jesus says to us as believers:
"All authority on heaven and on earth has been given to Me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." Matthew 28:18-19

I think about Jesus telling His disciples that they must go...whether or not they feel ready. I am sure that they would all have preferred to remain with Him and with each other in loving community and fellowship. They were terrified of the unknown. But before telling them to go, Jesus says, "ALL authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me." Without this declaration of Jesus' authority we could never venture out confidently. But He is with us, and He will go before us. In this bittersweet season of life I have been clinging to these promises. I would love to stay in Chapel Hill with all my friends and live in this community, but it is time to go. I feel like I have seen a glimpse of what heaven will be like because of how well I have been loved, encouraged and challenged by my friends as we have walked through this phase of life together. We have bared each others burdens, shared in each others joys, and cried in each others pain. I have been blessed abundantly and I know that the true feast lies ahead, but I am still sad. I know that many tears will still be shed about leaving, the goodbyes are coming, but regardless of how much I will miss Chapel Hill and all my sweet, sweet friends- He is good and He is faithful. And we will share in this community again for He is Risen! No matter where life takes me this side of heaven, I know that the best is ALWAYS still to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment