Thursday, April 1, 2010

Oh how He loves!



The song called "How He Loves Us" has become one of my all time favorites. The story behind this song is also really powerful.
One night during a prayer meeting a youth pastor named Steven was praying and said, "Lord, I would give my life today if it would shake the youth of this nation."
Later that night, Steven died in a car accident. John Mark McMillian (one of Steven's best friends) soon after Steven's death became a youth pastor. Nearly three years had gone by since Steven's death, and nothing (that John could see) was happening. He was angry and confused that God would take his friend and then seemingly do nothing. John Mark said he felt like people had forgotten about Steven.
Funny how God works…little did John Mark know that the Lord was going to use Steven's death to inspire him to write this song that literally gets played all over the world.
Now EVERYWHERE John Mark or whoever else plays this song, said they get thousands of emails and messages from kids and adults alike saying that this song has changed their lives...that they were SET FREE and DELIVERED and SAVED by the power of God!
I literally get chill bumps every time I hear this song...Oh how He loves!

(In this video, Kim Walker (whose voice I love) is singing the song John Mark wrote. I prefer her version over the original just because I love her voice so much!)

No comments:

Post a Comment