Thursday, December 10, 2009

may He be enough

found this video through John Piper's twitter:

http://fm.thevillagechurch.net/blog/pastors/?p=363

Wow. Matt says he's grateful that the Lord has counted him worthy..and now in this area where it's not a big win he gets to show that Christ is enough.
"I will bring them through the fire, refine them as silver is refined, and test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, and I will answer them; and I will say, 'They are My people,' and they will say, 'the Lord is my God." Zechariah 13:9
Matt is saying this as a man who will likely lose his life-that nothing in this world is better then exalting Jesus as Lord.
"Taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the one who trusts in Him!" Psalm 34:8

Blessed. Blessed is the one who TRUST in Him. Do I really believe that? So much of the time I feel like I'm a pretender. I welcome the sunshine and exalt the name of Christ when life is easy. I want the benefits without the cost. I am a consumerist to the core.

But what is it that I'm afraid of? 1 Corinthians 15:54-55 says "Death has been swallowed up in victory. Where, oh death, is your victory? Where, oh death, is your sting?" When we swallow something, we digest it and it fuels us- making us both bigger and stronger. So if death is swallowed up in victory, essentially this means death becomes part of victory, making it bigger and stronger. Victory will become more meaningful, more overwhelming, because we have known loss.

Oh me of little faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment